Rules & Policies
The Coal City Soccer Club aims to get every scheduled game in. In the case of inclement weather, the official policy it to play in rain and/or cold. If the weather becomes a danger to children, the game may be cancelled during or before the scheduled match begins.
If lightning is visible or thunder is audible, there is a mandatory 30 minute delay before play can resume (remember, where there is thunder- there is lightning). Once the area is lightning free for 30 minutes play can continue. If lightning is visible at any time in a delay (from 1 to 29 minutes into it), the clock starts over and play cannot begin for another 30 minutes.
Games that are more than halfway complete at the time of delay will be considered a completed full game and not rescheduled. Games that are not halfway completed will be rescheduled if possible. Please contact a Coal City Soccer Club Board Member if your game has been cancelled so that proper rescheduling can occur; referees need Executive Board Member authorization in order for them to be paid and field availability needs to be checked.
Coaches are advised that they should be following the same policy for cancellation of practice.
In the case of high heat, practices and games may be cancelled. Our heat policy is to cancel all activities (games or practices) for the U6 and U8 divisions if the temperature or heat index reaches 100 degrees. We will cancel all activities (games or practices) for the U10 and up divisions, if the temperature or heat index reaches 105 degrees.
*****Coaches and parents please use your discretion when temperatures rise on whether you feel your child(ren) can handle the heat. If you practice in temperatures above 80 degrees please send your child with multiple waters. The hotter it is outside, the more water to send!!
When the temperature or heat index is above 90 degrees, it is mandatory that children take a break whenever they feel necessary or every 10 minutes for a minimum of 2 minutes.
If a game is cancelled due to heat, Coal City Soccer Club will try their best to reschedule the game.
COAL CITY SOCCER CLUB HOLDS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES AT ANY TIME IF THEY DEEM IT NECESSARY FOR THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN. ANY COACH WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RECEIVE A PERMANENT STRIKE ON THEIR COACHING RECORD.
- Registration is open online for a given amount of time.
- There will be one day of walk in registration.
- Once online registration has ended, there will be no late registrations.
The Coal City Soccer Club handles requests for refund on a case-by-case basis. For refunds requested prior to the ordering of uniforms, a full refund is often given. Once the club has made purchase of uniforms (which cannot be returned), it cannot give a full refund. Any refunds given will be the paid amount less the club's cost for the purchase of uniforms, if any refund is given at all. CCSC reserves the right to not refund any and all players deciding not to play.
Bump Up Policy
The following rules apply for requesting a “Bump Up”:
Eligibility for bump up is based upon one (1) year experience (2 seasons) in a particular division before a player may bump up to the next division before his/her age would deem it. A player may only bump up if they will be in that age group in the following season. Bump ups are only given if there is room in the division that the player is bumping up to without causing crowding. CCSC will try to honor requests but the Board of Directors has the final decision on all bump ups.
Divisional Guidelines (includes goalie)
U4-4v4 Five minute x 4 quarters U4 Guidelines
U6-5v5 Four-8 minutes quarters U6 Guidelines
U8-6v6 Four-10 minutes quarters U8 Guidelines
U10-7v7 Two-25 minutes halves U10 Guidelines
U12-9v9 Two-30 minute halves U12 Guidelines
U14-11v11 Two-35 minutes halves U14 Guidelines
Offsides-(U10 and up)
a player is in an offside position if:
- He is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.
- A violation will occur when he is in an offside position (previous bullet point) at the same time the ball is being passed forward to him.
Goal Switching-teams will switch goals at half time.
Scoring Restrictions-When a team is up by 3 or more points, any player who scored may not score again as long as the maximum differential exists.
Six Second Rule-(U10 and up) the goalie must get rid of the ball within 10 seconds
U6 & U8 have a three goal maximum by any player during a game.
We want to provide a positive and encouraging environment to learn and improve soccer skills while also teaching respect and sportsmanship.
Code of Conduct
As a spectator in any activity held by or under the auspices of Coal City Soccer Club, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity or event:
1. Respect the decisions of officials and teach young people to do the same.
2. Never ridicule or scold a young player for making a mistake. Positive comments are motivational.
3. Condemn the use of violence in any form, whether it is by other spectators, coaches, officials or players.
4. Show respect for your team’s opponents. Without them there would be no game.
5. Do not use violence, harassment or abuse in any form (that is, do not use foul language, sledge or harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators).
6. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
7. Officials and coaches have the authority to ask an individual to remove themselves from the field if any of the above requests are violated excessively.
If these values are not upheld, you will be asked to leave the premises. If you are a repeat offender, you will be banned from practices & games.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
CCSC Board Members
To read the Coal City Soccer Club Coach Code of Contact click on the following link: